If you haven’t taken the time to explore the Northern area of Washington State near the Canadian border, there’s a long list of exciting things to do in Bellingham to add to your next adventure. Depending on the time of year you visit, during the spring, the drive up the interstate is known for the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival—you’ll see a bright rainbow of colors from the windows of your car—stop off and grab a bunch of flowers and snapshots for your Instagram story.
Bellingham is often described as a quirky town with a combination of young co-eds at Western Washington University and older, long-time residents. There’s a large artist’s community, and throughout the city, one of the best things to do in Bellingham is discover the urban works of art, from large murals to outdoor sculpture gardens. A dedicated Bellingham Arts District is home to the Whatcom Museum, Spark Museum of Electrical Invention, and Mindport Exhibits.
There’s no way to list all of the best things to do in Bellingham in one place! So it’s ideal to plan at least a few days exploring the area. Our intimate Bed and Breakfast near Bellingham is one of the best places to stay—we’re set back in the quiet town of Everson, WA, and make the perfect home base for your adventures. As a guest at our B&B, we’ll take care of your breakfast each morning, and our beautiful pool area awaits your return in the evening for relaxing. Book your room today and start planning your next getaway!
Fantastic Things to do in Bellingham this Year
From beautiful hikes and strolls along the waterfront to excellent award-winning restaurants and craft breweries, there’s no shortage of fantastic things to do in Bellingham. It’s a lovely destination all year round, and most activities can be enjoyed 365. Just be sure to bring your raincoat, layers, and great walking shoes! Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast near Bellingham first, and then start filling your itinerary.
Here are our top ten favorite things to do in Bellingham this year:
- Stroll along Railroad Avenue: As the downtown hub, there are so many things to do in Bellingham on this main street. It’s listed as a walker’s paradise, as you can just park your car and easily explore the restaurants, cafes, and shops on foot. Be sure to pop by Mallard Ice Cream for a delicious scoop of locally-made treats.
- Shopping in Fairhaven: It’s all about great food, boutiques and specialty shops, and the fascinating art scene in this historic village. Everything is local and can only be found here in Whatcom County, making it the perfect stop for out-of-town visitors.
- Boulevard Park: This waterfront area on Bellingham Bay has been fully revived over the past couple of years, and it’s a lovely spot for a picnic and watching the boats come and go. Walk out on the 500-foot boardwalk for the best panoramic views and connects to the Fairhaven neighborhood.
- Bellingham Festival of Music: One of the most popular things to do in Bellingham is this annual festival celebrating the finest symphonic music.
- Explore the Craft Breweries: With nearly 20 craft breweries located in the area, you’ll want to hit a few and compare the Northwest-style IPAs you can find around town. A few standouts are Aslan Brewing, Wander Brewing, and the stalwart Boundary Bay Brewing.
- Bellingham Farmers Market: Opening for its full season on Saturday, April 1st, this local farmer’s market is one of the best ways to see the abundance of produce, flowers, and artisan goods produced in this area.
- Whatcom Falls State Park: Located in the heart of the city with plenty of parking options, start by visiting the park’s namesake waterfall. There’s more to explore beyond the falls. You could easily spend an hour or two wandering the park’s 241 acres and three and a half miles of trails.
- Lake Padden Park: This is one of the best things to do in Bellingham on a sunny day. From swimming and kayaking to sunbathing and trail walking, Lake Padden is a beautiful urban park area to spend your time.
- Hiking & Biking: There are plenty of urban walking trails to explore in the downtown area of Bellingham, but if you head out a bit further to the Mt. Baker National Forest, Larabee State Park, and Stimpson Nature Preserve, to name a few!
- Sehome Hill Arboretum: Adjacent to the Western Washington University campus, you’ll find six+ miles of trails through a forested park with big-leaf maple trees. The highlight of a visit here is climbing the 80-foot observation tower for a bird’s eye view of the gorgeous surroundings.
As a guest at our Bed and Breakfast near Bellingham, feel free to ask us for personalized recommendations of the best things to do in Bellingham during your stay.
The Best Bed and Breakfast near Bellingham
After you’ve spent the day exploring all of the fantastic things to do in Bellingham, our elegant and comfortable Bed and Breakfast near Bellingham will await your return for relaxing and rejuvenating for the next adventure ahead. You’ll be ready to kick back and unwind after beautiful hikes, shopping in Fairhaven, and strolling the beach—there’s no shortage of fun to be had in our charming city on Bellingham Bay.
In your private guest room, cozy up your king-size bed dressed in luxurious linens. Enjoy the amazing mountain views out your window and let your troubles melt away. Our Bed and Breakfast near Bellingham only has two luxury guest rooms—perfect for memorable romantic getaways just for two. Spend an evening in our hot tub and the 85-degree pool, also available year-round, which makes for the ideal place for a couples getaway any time of year.
Be sure to start your day with us! Savor a filling and delicious breakfast with ingredients from local vendors and nearby farms. Our seasonal menu rotates daily, but expect homemade recipes, including frittatas, lemon ricotta pancakes, sweet and savory french toast, and so much more. Always paired with a lovely cup of coffee or assorted teas. We can’t wait to host you at our Bed and Breakfast near Bellingham this year; book your stay with us today!