Cottage near Mt. Baker National Forest
We welcome you to experience the quiet, beautiful countryside in our pet and child friendly cozy and very private1200 sq ft Sundara West Cottage, which is nestled in Whatcom County, a perfect location from which to explore Mt. Baker, Lynden, Bellingham and other Northwest Washington attractions. We are also located a few miles from the Canadian border crossing, Lynden or Sumas.
There are 2 comfortable bedrooms, a full kitchen, desk area, dining and living areas. Wake to a view of Mount Baker from the king bed in the loft bedroom or snuggle into the cozy queen bed in the downstairs back bedroom. The bathroom with claw foot tub is downstairs. There is a full sized washer and dryer. The bright cheery kitchen has a stove with oven, a full sized refrigerator, a dishwasher and is fully supplied with dishes, pots and pans, utensils, etc. There is a covered porch with a gas grill, porch furniture, and view of Mt Baker. Although we are only 10-15 miles from Bellingham, we are in the country so there are sounds such as coyotes, cows and roosters (next door) We love the solitude of our setting. It’s the perfect place for rest and relaxation if you are escaping the city or after a strenuous day of hiking or skiing. Feel free to wander the grounds and enjoy the beauty of nature! Roast marshmallows in the fire pit, and let the kids play on the playground, or soak in the hot tub (about 150′ to hot tub). The enclosed heated pool is open May 15 to Oct 15.
- Towels, bedsheets, soap, toilet paper, and pillows
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Air conditioning and heating
- Hairdryer, shampoo, and conditioner from Hank’s Garden Aromatherapy Products
- Washer and dryer, iron
- 55 inch TV in the living room and 22 in the back bedroom
- Games, books, and puzzles
- Microwave and coffeemaker (coffee, cream, and sugar provided)
- Fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide detector, and smoke alarms