Our guests always ask “When was the house built?”and are surprised when we answer 1997. The previous owners did such a good job replicating an old Victorian style house and we were thrilled to purchase it in 2003.
About Your Innkeepers
Marshall is a retired Army physician and a retired runner having completed 12 marathons. He now enjoys gardening and being the handyman at the B&B.
Jackie in her past life was a teacher of Spanish, French, ESL, and 4th grade. Now loves trying new recipes and making things perfect for guests.
We met in VA and besides VA, have lived in HI, GA, NY, TX, and Germany. We retired in WA to be near our granddaughters who are in Vancouver, BC and are the loves of our lives!
We have always loved traveling and love to hear of the adventures of our guests.
What Makes Us A “Green B&B”
A Green B&B is an environmentally friendly property whose owners are interested in doing their part to create a better planet and reduce our carbon footprint. Our efforts to be a “Green B&B” include the following.
- Ultraviolet Collector Helps Heat Swimming Pool
- Biodegradable Cleaning Products
- Biodegradable & Post Consumer Recycled Paper Products
- Organic Fair Trade Coffee & Tea
- Organic & Biodegradable Bath Amenities
- 100% Cotton Linens & Robes
- 100% Smoke Free
- Breakfast Includes Many Organic & Local Foods
- Waste Reduction/Reuse/Recycle/Compost
- Energy Efficient Light Bulbs
- Tankless Hot Water Heater
- Energy Efficient Appliances.
- A one night’s deposit is required. All balances are due in full at check in.
- Reservation changes or cancellations
require a 15 day notice (in the summer) for refund. If you must cancel with less than the 15 days notice, refund is only possible if we are able to rebook the room. We will make every effort to do so even though it may be difficult at such short notice.
- Check in time between 3 and 6 PM.
- (Please text, email or call if your ETA changes.)
- Late arrivals by prior arrangement.
- Check out time is 11 AM unless we don’t have another guest coming. If that is the case, you are welcome to stay longer.
- This is a non-smoking property.
- We allow well-behaved dogs, potty trained and no excessive barking ($25 per dog per day fee). 2 dog limit