The charming town of Bellingham is located just about 30 minutes north of our Bed and Breakfast, depending on what part of town you want to check out. The selection of Bellingham restaurants is diverse and well worth the scenic drive. This area has forever been a destination for nature lovers, avid hikers, and outdoor recreation enthusiasts. Especially with the amazing splendor of Mt. Baker National Forest and the North Cascades National Park—but the bounty of farm-fresh produce, beautiful seafood, and local proteins has drawn a talented culinary crowd as of late.
The Northwest is known for farm-to-table dining; this can mean white tablecloths and candlelight or casual counter service and to-go options. That’s all part of the culture here; home to Western Washington University, you’ll see a lot of young folks relaxing at craft breweries right alongside the older subset of locals. It creates a welcoming atmosphere for all ages and dispositions, and the Bellingham restaurants represent this to a tee.
Don’t start making reservations at these local Bellingham restaurants quite yet! First, you’ll want to secure your lodging for your culinary adventure. Our Bellingham Bed and Breakfast, a luxurious mini-resort, is set back in the beautiful countryside is the best destination. We have multiple options, from cozy B&B suites and our private cottage to the newly designed glamping lodge. You’ll love our pastoral setting off the beaten path yet still nearby the best Bellingham restaurants, outdoor recreation, and parks. Head over to our booking calendar and start planning today!
The 10 Best Bellingham Restaurants for 2023
The selection of Bellingham restaurants covers the spectrum for those who love fresh seafood, craft cocktails, creative foraged and farmed ingredients, and innovative preparations. From breweries to speakeasies and fine dining to counter service, we invite you to enjoy the bounty of the Northwest on your next visit to Bellingham! Here are our top ten suggestions for Bellingham restaurants to check out:
- Rock and Rye Oyster House: Head to this classic oyster bar in the heart of downtown Bellingham located in the historic Herald Building. Grab a spot on the large outdoor deck on a warm summer afternoon or evening for oysters on the half shell, happy hour all day Sunday, and a curated wine list.
- D’Anna’s Cafe Italiano: As one of the highest-rated Bellingham restaurants on TripAdvisor, this is a solid spot for dinner out on the town. The menus feature classic Italian dishes with seasonal ingredients and a modern twist.
- Black Sheep: Tacos and margaritas are always the perfect combinations for a fun date night, and this local bar is a lively spot to relax and fill up on Mexican favorites.
- The Temple Bar: This classy spot is one of the best Bellingham restaurants for an intimate date. The plush velvet wallpaper, moody lighting, delightful cocktails, and tasty small plates are the perfect formula for a memorable night.
- Old World Deli: This European deli is the perfect spot when you’re hunting for a great lunch stop in Bellingham. Order scratch-made sandwiches and salads from the counter and peruse the lovely selection of local and international wines and products. Grab a few things to go to bring back to our Bellingham Bed and Breakfast!
- Fork at Agate Bay: Spend the day on the trails at Lake Whatcom Park, and plan for an early dinner at this seafood-focused eatery. The craft cocktails are bright and creative, and the wine selection is spot-on.
- Boundary Bay Brewery: Sample some of the best beer in Bellingham while enjoying a meal at this stalwart pub. The menu has classic casual fare with a bunch of modern updates.
- Aslan Brewing Company: This is one of the best Bellingham restaurants for organic fare. As a fully organic and family-friendly brewpub, you’ll find some standouts, including poutine, bowls, and smash burgers.
- Colophon Cafe: Stroll the charming shops on 11th Street in the heart of the historic Fairhaven District and finish up at this traditional cafe/bookstore for homemade soups, sandwiches, and sweet and savory pies.
- Carnal: Newcomers hailing from New York’s Eleven Madison Park, this wood-fired restaurant is focused on smoked meats and roasting farm-fresh vegetables with bold flavors and exciting ingredients.
Glamping Lodge at our Bellingham Bed and Breakfast
If you’re looking for a unique lodging experience, we have just the place at our Bellingham Bed and Breakfast. Our Glamping Lodge is a newly designed space for the atmosphere of camping without the pain of sleeping on the hard ground. You’ll feel the open air surrounded by green space, all while relaxing in the lap of luxury. It’s the perfect place to retreat after hiking Artist’s Point at Mount Baker, shopping in downtown Fairhaven, or enjoying a meal at the nearby Bellingham restaurants.
For those who prefer cooking a bit for themselves on a getaway, the glamping lodge has a mini kitchen with running water, a small fridge, a microwave, and a gas grill with utensils and cast iron pans. There’s a seating area with a table, chairs, and service ware for dining together as well. It’s a lovely space for a romantic getaway!
If it’s chilly, get cozy in front of the gas log stove. There’s also an electric fan and heater, a heated mattress pad, and plush throws to keep you warm in the evenings. You’ll love opening your complimentary bottle of wine and sipping in front of the fire, on the deck, at the table playing games(provided), or in the private hot tub. It’s one of the best ways to have an unforgettable trip to the Northwest. Reserve your lodging at our Bellingham Bed and Breakfast today!