Bellingham breweries encompass a wide variety of places to choose from! Whether you are looking for establishments with a full menu or just a taproom, who offers a happy hour, and family-friendly spots, you’ll find just the right place to suit your needs. With 17 brewery locations in Bellingham and Whatcom County, you will definitely have options. Brewmasters here pride themselves on each brewery offering something unique and each visit being an experience. Getting a beer here is more than just grabbing a quick drink.
Let our Bellingham bed and breakfast be your relaxing getaway this summer! Our serene accommodations are perfect for a romantic rendevous, or a weekend with the family. Our location is great to use as a basecamp for all of your adventures in Mt. Baker, North Cascades National park, Bellingham, and the North Puget Sound Area. We are the closest luxury bed and breakfast to the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. Our Washington inn will provide you with a cozy, casual and elegant place to rest after a day of explorations. If you want the best place to stay for you Bellingham vacation this summer, book your room today!
Bellingham Breweries to Visit
After a day of explrong all that the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest and surrounding areas have to offer, why not stop by one (or more) of the many Bellingham breweries for a cold beer and a great meal. Bellingham itself is home to 14 breweries and 3 are around the surrounding Whatcom County. These numbers are always changing as this town loves its beer and unique ways of brewing and new establishments are always popping up.
This summer be sure to check out Bellingham breweries that have been a staple in this community, those that just got their start right before and during the pandemic, and everything in between. Here are our 10 favorite breweries that we think you should stop by this summer.
- Aslan Brewing Co. serves up USDA certified organic beer. Here they are committed to providing locally sourced goods through low-imact practices. They offer a full menu of food items at the their family friendly brewpub location. The Aslan Depot is a second 21+ location in the historic union depot building in downtown Bellingham and offers a classy and elegant atmosphere.
- The classic Boundary Bay Brewery established in 1995 is the oldest of all the Bellingham breweries. At this community gathering place you can choose from a wide variety of brews and many selections on their full menu at their restaurant. Get one of the flagship brews like the Amber Ale and Cedar Dust IPA, or try out an experimental limited release such as the skipping raindrops IPA and the Czech pilsner.
- Chuckaut Brewery is another staple amongst Bellingham breweries. There are two locations to enjoy the European lagers, pilsners and ales they serve up. The North Nut includes a brewery and kitchen with a full menu, while the South Nut is a brewery and taproom. In 2017 Chuckanut was awarded the Washington State Large Brewery of the Year as well as other awards in the past.
- In the City of Ferndale FrinGe Brewing opened up in the summer of 2019. This was the first commercial brewery in Ferndale. They offer indoor and outdoor seating as well as rotating food trucks to enjoy a bite to eat with your beer.
- Gruff Brewing releases some of the smallest batches of all the Bellingham breweries. Here they mostly try out experimental brews. This 21+ only establishment includes and indoor taproom and a large outdoor beer garden patio. There are rotating food trucks to satisfy your hunger or you can get delivery from the Horseshoe Cafe.
- Stone’s Throw Brewing Co. was established in 2016 and offers 3 outdoor seating areas including an outdoor firepit area. This is unique for Bellingham breweries, as it is made out of three shipping containers. Happy hour is from 12-6 pm and you can enjoy snacks during the week and food trucks on the weekend.
- Established in 2020, Otherlands Beer offers rustic lagers and farmhouse ales with European inspired cafe style food. This small and cozy atmosphere is a great place to hang out after a hike and other explorations of the area. While checking out Bellingham breweries this one has to be on your list.
- The owners of Stemma Brewing Co. are parents and so have intentionally created a family friendly space in their brewery. Established in just 2019, they offer lagers, IPAs, milk stouts, and the owners enjoy experimenting with new flavor additions. This place is unique among Bellingham breweries!
- Wander Brewing won the 2018 Washington large brewery of the year award and its no wonder as here they serve up traditional styles while experimenting with mixed fermentations, blending and barrel aging. Their family friendly brew hall has plenty of outdoor seating and 50% capacity indoor seating.
- Twin Sisters Brewing and Bellingham Beer Garden offer a full service restaurant and bar. This is also Bellingham’s largest brewery beer garden that includes picnic tables, outdoor games, and a fire pit. The taproom and brewery is a great place for those who prefer a more quiet atmosphere. Here they go above and beyond other Bellingham breweries to make your visit memorable.
The Perfect Bellingham Lodging
After exploring the area and checking out some of the best Bellingham breweries, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you are going back to a cozy, quiet and comfortable place to relax at our Washington bed and breakfast. Let our accommodations be your perfect escape from the ordinary this summer. Indulge yourself with a stay at our Bellingham lodging and feel rejuvenated.
Our beautifully appointed guest rooms offer a retreat for ultimate relaxation. You get a great night’s sleep on your bed fitted with 500 ct linens, enjoy gorgeous views out your window, unwind in a plush guest robe, and start the day out right with a delectable home-cooked breakfast. If you are looking for the best place for a perfect summertime getaway near Bellingham, book your room with us today!