The Chuckanut Bay Distillery in downtown Bellingham is a must-visit for spirit enthusiasts and cocktail lovers. The establishment took home the 2023 Washington Liquor Distillery of the Year at the New York International Spirits Competition—top honors and a great sign that you’re going to sip some lovely beverages on a tour and tasting here!
You can also pair a visit to the Chuckanut Bay Distillery with a meal at their award-winning restaurant, Penny Farthing Bar & Restaurant, where all ages are welcome for lunch and dinner. They prepare local and seasonal ingredients in the wood-fired ovens for flavorful and creative sandwiches, flatbreads, and share plates. Each of their menu items is thoughtfully paired with house cocktails or wine pours.
Before you start planning your restaurant and bar stops, you’ll want to secure your lodging for your getaway in Washington State, and our bed and breakfast near Bellingham is the perfect location for any style of vacation. Our solo or couple travelers will love our elegant B&B rooms or glamping lodge, and for those exploring with kids in tow or in a small group, our cottage rental is ideal. Of course, it’s best to make sure you have a designated driver or arrange transportation to downtown if you plan on heading to the Chuckanut Bay Distillery and more of the best bars in Bellingham. Book your lodging today!
Chuckanut Bay Distillery & More Bars in Bellingham
Bellingham is a culinary and cocktail lover’s dream destination! There are so many restaurants and bars in Bellingham pushing the envelope on flavors and cooking trends. The distillers at Chuckanut Bay Distillery are doing this in the creation of their award-winning whiskeys, bourbons, gins, and unique liquors.
Here are the best bars in Bellingham for a cocktail:
- Chuckanut Bay Distillery and Penny Farthing: Start with a tour of the inner workings of Chuckanut Bay Distillery’s spirit production, which is about an hour and includes two mini cocktails and a souvenir glass. After, grab a fantastic meal at one of the best restaurants in Bellingham, Penny Farthing.
- Galloway’s Cocktail Bar: This deco-era establishment is one of the best bars in Bellingham for craft cocktails. Be sure to order Bellingham Rose Royal, the winning cocktail from the Bellingham Bartender Competition.
- B-Town Kitchen & Raw Bar: Known for having one of the best selections of seafood in Bellingham, B-Town, attached to the Four Points by Sheraton, is also a fantastic spot for happy hour!
- Carnal: While this Bellingham restaurant may be more well-known for its fire-roasted meats, you’ll also love the cocktail selection here. Do plan on ordering a meal here!
- The Orion: This space-themed bar is perfect for a casual evening out on the town, a round of pool, and a dark space to relax.
- Jack’s Bar: For those who enjoy a speakeasy vibe, you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped back in time at Jack’s, that is if you can find it! The storefront only offers a small sign, so don’t miss it for classic and creative cocktails.
- Redlight Kitchen & Bar: From flavorful share plates with international ingredients to absolutely beautiful cocktails, Redlight offers an elevated experience in Bellingham. Many of their drinks are made with house-infused spirits that pack an incredible punch.
- Lighthouse Bar & Grill: For a cocktail with stunning views of Bellingham Bay, this classic joint on the water is the perfect place for date night. They also offer happy hour all day on Mondays.
Head to our Bed and Breakfast near Bellingham this Year
Our bed and breakfast near Bellingham is the perfect retreat for a true escape in the Northwest. Our spacious property offers plenty of space to relax and soak up the fresh air, and our indoor/outdoor pool room is the best place to unwind. Spend your evenings by the bonfire with s’mores and lively conversation in the warmth of the crackling logs, with the expansive night sky for fantastic star-gazing above.
When you decide to head out on an adventure, there are many things to do in Bellingham and beyond in the rugged wilderness of the Mount Baker Snoqualmie National Forest. Outings to the Chuckanut Bay Distillery and the outstanding collection of restaurants and bars in Bellingham will be a highlight of your stay. Knowing that our welcoming hospitality and beautifully appointed accommodations await your return just adds to the ease of your trip.
Back at our bed and breakfast near Bellingham, you’ll have your pick from two jewel-box guest rooms in the main house, our multi-room cottage rental with a full kitchen, or our luxurious glamping lodge with everything you need to “camp” in style. For those in our B&B suites, we’ll treat you to a lovely breakfast each morning made from local sources and seasonal ingredients—the perfect way to fuel up and get going! Book your lodging today.