Artist Point at Mt. Baker is a must-see when visiting the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest! This classic location is considered by many to be the best place in the state for a panoramic view. Here you’ll feel as of you have stepped into a work of art in this awe-inspiring scenery. This is a major destination where access to a variety of trails can be found. Whether you want a place to get out and admire the view or a place to start an incredible world-class hike, you’ll find Artist Point at Mt. Baker to be the ideal mountain location. You are sure to make memories here that will last a lifetime!
Let our Bellingham bed and breakfast be your perfect escape this season! We are the closest luxury accommodations to the Mt.Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. We are the best choice for a cozy and comfortable place to rest after a day of adventure. At our casual yet elegant Washington inn, you’ll be able to unwind in your beautifully appointed guest room fully.
Our Lodging is great for a romantic weekend retreat or a family getaway. In our warm and welcome atmosphere, you’ll feel right at home. The possibilities to get out and explore are plentiful, with the Mt. Baker Wilderness practically at our doorstep and the unique city of Bellingham close by. Book your stay with us today if you want the best place for the ultimate vacation spot near Artist Point at Mt. Baker!
Artist Point at Mt. Baker
Located at the end of Mt. Baker Highway, there is a spot that boasts 360-degree views of breathtaking mountain scenery. Artist Point at Mt. Baker sits atop Kushan Ridge in the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. Here the views include jaw-dropping vistas that include Mount Shuksan as well as Mount Baker. There is access here to a variety of trails that lead you through the gorgeous landscape here. Artist Point at Mt. Baker has become a major destination and is a must-see when visiting the area. Here are 5 things to know about this incredible spot.
- To get to Artist Point at Mt. Baker, you’ll take the Mount Baker Scenic Byway. This 58-mile route runs from Bellingham to the end of this winding road, where you’ll reach Artist Point at the very end. This is one of the most beautiful vistas that you can reach by car. You may choose to stay in the parking lot and enjoy the views from there. There are many stops along the way, including Picture Lake near Artist Point at Mt. Baker, where the reflection of Mt. Shuksan is one of the most photographed places in Washington.
- The best place to view Mt. Baker and its snowy peaks is at Artist Point at Mt. Baker. This impressive mountain is the Northernmost peak in a long chain of snowcapped volcanoes. It’s one of the snowiest places in North America, holding a record for the most snowfall in the winter season. In the summer months, you can still see some snow and the glaciers that sit atop the mountain all year long, this time framed by wildflowers.
- While the view of Mt. Shuksan is best at Picture Lake, seeing this unmistakable mountain from Artist Point at Mt. Baker is definitely worth checking out! Sitting at the Northwestern edge of North Cascades National Park, this mountain with its jagged mass of pinnacles, glaciers, and ridges is awe-inspiring.
- Each year, the Mt. Baker Scenic Byway is closed to vehicle traffic for the last 2.7 miles between late October and July. You can still get out to Artist Point at Mt. Baker by snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. For those willing to adventure out to Artist Point during this time, you’ll be greatly rewarded with the same amazing views but covered in a blanket of snow.
- Artist Point at Mt. Baker provides access to some of the most incredible hiking trails in Washington State! From here, you can head out the Artist Ridge Trail, where there are interpretive signs along the way. The Chain Lakes Trail leads you to a series of lovely alpine lakes. At Ptarmigan Ridge Trail, you’ll see wildlife dotting the landscape. Table Mountain Trail will take you out to a dramatic plateau where you’ll get great views.
The Perfect Bellingham Lodging
As you explore Artist Point at Mt. Baker, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you have a cozy and comfortable place to come back to at the end of a day of adventure. At our elegant yet casual Bellingham lodging, we have your ultimate comfort in mind for your stay. Your guest room is beautifully appointed and includes amenities such as 500 ct bedding, en-suite private bath with organic and biodegradable bath products, plush robes to unwind in, and much more! Soothe sore muscles in our hot tub or take a dip in the indoor pool.
We want your day to get started right, so we offer a home-cooked breakfast to help fuel you up for whatever adventure you have planned. Selections of breakfast items may include french toast, Denver scrambled eggs, lemon ricotta pancakes, and much more! We use local vendors and farms whenever possible for a farm-to-table experience. If you are looking for the perfect getaway near Bellingham and the Mt. Baker area, book your stay with us today!